Imagine a place where older adults, their families, and people from the Bay Area can come together to learn, be entertained, dine, shop, and exercise. Where paths take you through beautiful green spaces designed for relaxation and recreation, and hold a pleasant surprise around the next bend. Where you can spend time in classrooms, performance spaces, a fitness center or salon that are all extensions of your lovely apartment home. And where technology brings virtual experiences to you no matter where you are.
That’s Byer Square. And there’s no other senior and family resource like it in San Francisco.
This 45,000-square-foot transformational space is full of opportunities for older adults to enrich their lives even more with innovative programming and technology. Membership is included for residents of Frank Residences and is available to families of residents and people of all ages in our surrounding community.
“Let a joy keep you. Reach out your hands and take it when it runs by.”
Carl Sandburg, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet and biographer
Here’s a sample of what you’ll find:
- The Lev opportunity center offers concierge services to help identify and schedule classes, programs, and events of interest to members and visitors
- Byer Square Online (members only) offers a virtual gathering for the community – including telehealth services, virtual classrooms for lectures and seminars, as well as live lectures and seminars that are taking place on the campus
- Osher Performance Center hosts cultural and entertainment events
- Bakar Noshery café offers healthy meals, including on-the-go options, and a coffee bar
- Herbst Fitness Center offers a variety of classes and state-of-the-art exercise equipment designed for older adults
- Greenhood warm water therapeutic indoor pool is available for aqua classes
- Pilates studio offers private and small group training
- Salon and spa services
- Diller outdoor gardens and parks, including a dog park and bocce ball court
- Library and book clubs
- Farmers’ market